lauantai 4. tammikuuta 2014

Master Birger!!



Yesterday I drove to Tapiola, to EMMA, 
Espoo Museum of Modern Art, to see the exhibition of Birger Kaipiainen.
I totally sign everything all the wisemen ever said about art touching the soul, it's power to move, heal, and shine.
This exhibition was full of all that to me, I enjoyed every second of the two hours I spent there, and couldn't even think about entering the other exhibitions that were available. 
I didn't want anything to disturb the beautiful, melancholic feeling I drowned myself in while watching his work!

The surfaces of the ceramic plates and reliefs are so rich, so lively with strong colours, pearls and little pieces of mirrors. The beautiful wallpaper, Kiurujen Yö, in it's mysterious, dark blue shades, the clocks you find in several works all pointing at 12.15, or 00.15, either way, the whole fantasy world he creates is amazing.
I felt like I wanted to jump in the middle of the flowers, the golden and pearly shades, the whole fairytale scene!
And then felt a little sad thinking how he himself must've felt. 
Did he want to escape something? 







Go and have a wonderful experience, if you haven't yet! 
It's there until 12.1.2014.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti