torstai 18. syyskuuta 2014

Peroba!

My latest infatuation lies in Leppävaara, Espoo, next to Kehä I, close to the exit to Lintuvaara:

Peroba Café!

The story is intriguing:
My Mother's childhood home was situated in Leppävaara, in a beautiful area filled with pretty houses, big yards and big, old trees. This place no longer exists, it's been built up completely, but the hill is still there.
I remember years ago when the new buildings had risen already, we'd still climb the rocks with my Mom, sister, aunts, uncles and dearest Grandmother to make a toast for old times sake!
I remember the house too, it was big, it had many rooms, and through the kitchen window we'd all roam to this beautiful patio my Grandfather had built to have juice in the summer! A house that made us cousins' imaginations fly! Surely there would've been an exit to Narnia too, we just never found it!

On the other side of the cliffs was a beautiful, red, wooden villa called Villa Ylänne. My Grandmother remembers my aunt's class mate lived there once, I remember the house too but only from far.
Now it has got a new life: Peroba Café has moved in!

The same Peroba that has the beautiful interior design shop in Fredrikinkatu downtown! 
And oh my, have they done an amazing job! A cultural deed, to say the least!
A complete renovation from head to toe, ceilings, walls, floors, doors, everything! They serve very popular lunches and brunches with serious eye candy in the form of beautiful, old fireplaces and beautiful, spacious rooms.
This place is definitely worth visiting, here's the address:

Laturinkuja 10, Espoo

Let's have look inside!








I've visited this place now twice, first for a lunch with my Grandmother, and now my dear Mother's birthday. Really good food, dreamy cakes, teas, coffees, with such kind service, it's a gem!



Have a beautiful, sunny evening!

P.S. I'm feeling a lot better already! But for crying out loud, as if to prove my point about the font-issue...damn!
I've sent feedback to blogger, let's hope it's ok now.
Love & light, dears!


4 kommenttia: