keskiviikko 11. syyskuuta 2013

Food tips!

Now when the Autumn is here, it's nice to make warm foods again from seasonal ingredients!
I notice a change in my habits: a salad might not be enough anymore, I need something stronger!
Here's a few easy things to do, try them!

First I must tell you I have found a new vegetable: parsnip!
I'm swept away by its' sweetness, it's really good! Just don't know why now, why not earlier?? 
Well, better now than never!

Here's what I do:
I chop parsnip, carrots and sweet potatoes, put them in the oven trey, add olive oil, rosemary & thyme, nuts & almonds, and blue cheese or feta, and put the trey to the oven for 30 min., 200 degrees Celcius.
They come out perfect just like that and the flavours are so good!
It can be a side dish for something, or just a dish of its own! Easy!




Then my favourite sandwich of the moment!
I mix a John West-tuna with lime & pepper with mustard mayo, add some chive and put it on rye bread, and add some avocados on top, yummy!
I like Real-bread the most but others work fine too! 
If you cut the bread in four, you get perfect cocktail-treats!




Next a pie I made Yesterday:
broccoli, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, goat's cheese and red pesto!
On top I poured sour cream mixed with an egg, and voilà!
200 degrees, 30 min.





And finally we need some dessert too, right?!

A sweet pie filled with apple slices, rhubarb, syrup, cinnamon and flaked oats...mmmmh!
I love it with vanilla ice cream! 
200 degrees, 30 min.


This is how we survive the new season! Hooray!!




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti