perjantai 15. marraskuuta 2013

A date with Mom!

I had a free day today, hooray!!
After a hard week it felt heavenly! I went for a walk in almost-sunny daylight, had lunch in Tori, bumped into a dear friend, and later met with my sweet Mother!

We'd made plans to go see the new exhibition in Kaupunginmuseo's Hakasalmen Huvila: Rasvaletti.
Oooh! 
Photographs from our dear Helsinki in the 50's!
It was such a treat to be there with her. Even though she was just a small girl in the 50's, it all looked familiar in her eyes. We looked carefully all the streetcorners and buildings, the ones that still exist and the ones that don't.
It always makes me so sad to see what could've been if they'd saved them. 
When Helsingin Sanomat had the series of the torned down buildings I had to stop following it. Just got too angry.

It also made us think how innocent everything looked: the Olympic games, vappu celebrations, photos of blooming spring. Lots of children, happy faces, Linnanmäki. 
Life was a lot more simple then. Harder but simple.


Hakasalmen Huvila, one of my childhood's idols's, Aurora Karamzin's, town house is a beautiful place! 
I was so intrigued by her life. It's a wonderful thing they turned it into a museum for us Helsinki-lovers, just like she was! 
But I also adored Madonna, so there really was a range of female icons in my life!



Beauty queens!
Two ladies were looking at these at the same time with us and soon they all (my Mother included) started gushing about who was who!


Hair salon!


Just like Pinkki Paplari!



Afterwards we walked to Museokatu's Exhibitionists for coffee and tea and a bite to eat. 



A perfect day it was! 
Dear Mom, love you!!

Go see the show, it's beautiful!!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti