keskiviikko 24. heinäkuuta 2013

Tampere!!

What a sweet couple of days we had in the city of Tampere!
Husband had his share of summer work over there so I joined him!
We stayed at the prestigious Grand Hotel Tammer, we actually upgraded ourselves into a suite since it was available..!! Had our own sauna and a huge balcony overlooking Tammerkoski and Hämeenkatu-bridge, luxurious!

I have a special thing about this city, I used to work and live there for six months, a short but significant period of time in my life. I lived right in the center and completely fell in love with the atmosphere: the theatres, museums, factories, the working class-history. I bought books from Tampere-seura and walked around with them so I could keep track which building was which and who designed what! 
I'd look for Lauri Viita's house in Pispala, Wivi Lönn's architecture and fall in love with Näsilinna! 
I did get some work done as well, haha, but I was so infatuated with everything I experienced there, it scarred me for life!
Every now and then I go back, and walk the same streets as I always did, it does me good, every time!!

















Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti