perjantai 11. lokakuuta 2013

Chapter two!

Ok, let's continue!
I didn't have time to finish this before the concert, which was amazing, by the way!
Oh, the audience was so warm and there was lots of it!
Beautiful Teatro Colón, just beautiful! 
Like La Scala in Milan but a lot bigger.
Now I'm back at the hotel, drawing myself a nice bath. I'm in heaven anywhere where there's a bath tub!

I'm feeling good about this evening. It's a double exitement, and sadly not all positive, when you know how tired you are. But just get in there and do your best and it pays off. People were so warm, listened and cheered, and made us feel welcomed. Feels good to have another evening there tomorrow!

Now back to the pictures!
I'm so overwhelmed by all this!!

We also saw a beautiful cathedral and Casa Rosada, the presidential palace, which has the famous balcony where Evita greeted people. She's still very big here, practically a saint, it's a fascinating story altogether.



Casa Rosada


Afterwards we were served a lunch in a very traditional Argentinian restaurant. And may I just say being a veggie in Argentina is quite difficult... It's all about beef, truly. Others were getting sausages and empanadas as apetizers and a HUGE steak for a main, and on my plate there was a green salad and an omelet!
I was ok with it but we were laughing how the heck could anyone finish their steaks! A true meat eater's paradise! I wish my husband was here!!



Lots of malbec everywhere you go!


Half of it is already gone! 


After lunch we took the metro to Palermo Soho, the cutest area with shops from young, up-and-coming designers, home decoration, beautiful cafés and bars!
It was dreamy!! Such a pretty neighbourhood! And I bought a poncho! It's so pretty!












They say that Buenos Aires is the Paris of the Latin America and that's easy to see. Houses, buildings, the whole atmosphere has developed during the long history with the Europeans, there are lots of people from all around the world, this is a true melting pot.
It makes you feel so tiny, but everybody has their own story, the story of their family, and people live together and adapt each other's habits and traditions. It's amazing!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti