perjantai 18. lokakuuta 2013

Entering São Paulo!

Good morning!
The sun is shining and a new day is about to begin!

We arrived late on Wednesday night after 12 hours of traveling! Our hotel was ready and waiting for us with big beds to crawl into! 

We've been told to be extra careful over here. To leave all valuables in the safe, including jewellery, before going out. We gathered up a small group with two men in it, and went to seek for an old market hall, Mercado Municipal de São Paulo.
We walked all the way and I thought it was ok, safety-wise. 
It was the amount of pollution that made me quiet.

It's a reality check everytime when visiting places like these. Millions of people, millions of cars, the crime, the poor, everything that comes with it makes me wonder how our problems at home are quite small. And I wonder why was I so lucky to have born in Finland?
But over here people are very friendly, they smile and say hello, even to strangers, family means everything, and they take care of each other. The better you get along the more selfish you are able to become, thinking you don't need other people in your life so much. Over here people stick together, have their priorities straighter I think. 
We at home suffer from first world problems.

I hope I can always learn from new experiences, carry them with me, and always remember how lucky I am.


Pictures follow:

On the road.
The AC was broken so windows open we drove to the airport! We had new hairdos by the time we got there!


A room with a view. The sun was shining when I woke up today.


Out on the town:










Christmas is almost here!







Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti