maanantai 11. maaliskuuta 2013

Old becomes new!

When I was a child we had the prettiest little table that was a newspaper and a magazine stand as well. My Mother didn't remember how we got it but it's 50's style, made of rattan and had a beautiful green glass as the table part itself. When I moved away from home to my very first own appartment, I got to take it with me, and since then it's moved with me around until the last moving day five years ago the glass got broken. We placed the poor thing to the attic until a couple of weeks ago my Mother called me to say she'd found a similar table and thought I might be interested! This one was rattan as well, a little different, but from the same era, and the table part was wood instead of glass. I went to get the old one from the attic and took both of them to a special glazing shop where I went through different options for new glass to each one. And today I got a phone call that they were ready and collected them after work! They are so beautiful!! A new life for something that was all worn out and tired! These will make a perfect pair, we have now the prettiest individual little coffee tables! Or a tea table in my case! And the most fascinating thing is that the glazing shop is situated in the very same old building here in Töölö where I first moved! What a sweet coincidence!
Here they are, aren't they just adorable?!


The first two pictures are how they looked:





And here they are after the renewal!
I wanted the glasses to be different in colours, since the tables are a little different altogether. The design of the glass is the same with delicate little flowers, this kind of glass is typical in old furniture like cupboards and little doors and such, and it fits just perfectly in these as well!









Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti