lauantai 23. maaliskuuta 2013

Paris, mon amour!

So here I am! In the city of lights, love and history, endless boulevards, cafés and revolution! Oh, it feels like a homecoming, this is my 3rd time in the same little hotel in the 4th arrondissement, Marais, my favourite area! Words cannot describe the feeling when the escalator takes me up from the metro St. Paul, how the first thing I see is the blue sky, then the small chimneys, the carousel, the people, the many bikes parked in the fences, the tabac store, the magazine stand where a fiery debate is going on, cars, traffic, the good fuss, everything!!

The flight was really early, so I just dropped my luggage to the reseption, and hurried across the block to a really good sushi place for lunch. Then walked around a little bit, checked-in to my room, unpacked, got some flowers from a flowershop downstairs to make the room even prettier, had some champagne, naturalmente, and walked my way via MAC-cosmetics to Place des Vosges to Bastille, where a famous arts and crafts-market happens every Saturday.

Continued to walk along the Seine, had a delicious 3-cheese-salad for dinner in a bistro, picked up a tea-to-go from the café next door, and am totally ready for bed now! The alarm went on at 4.50 in the morning, so I'm beat, really! Sweet husband, whom I miss already terribly, drove me to the airport, which was the chivalriest thing to do! He is a gem, truly, my love!!

Tomorrow I intend to wake up early anyhow, because I'm heading to a flea market in Port de Vanves down South. I'll take a bus, which is always nicer than the metro. Who knows what I'm going to find from a Parisian marché aux puces! Even got a wish list from my sister, so I'm on a mission my friends! I'll report to you for sure how the day went by! Now good night everybody, I'm falling asleep right this min.... zzzzzz...






















2 kommenttia:

  1. Oih, ihana elämä! :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Pariisi on ihana!! Hurjasti terveisiä ja auringonsäteitä täältä! Pikkuloma tekee hyvää! Kiitos kommentistasi, ihanaa kevättä!
      <3 Eeva

      Poista