tiistai 26. maaliskuuta 2013

Tea, Paris style!

It's an honour to see the impact on tea over here. There are numerous salon de thés, excellent selection of blends, and according to me, the proportions are as they should: everytime I've ordered tea I get a full pot of it! Not just one sad little cup, but a pot that carries at least three cups! This kind of tea behaviour makes me want to sing!
There are many luxurious brands but one in particular is pure gold: Mariage Frères.
I was told by three people altogether that this is the place to go. I can't believe I didn't know about it, I thought I knew the streets of Marais! And more importantly, I thought I knew something about tea!
My dear friend, the one I met before leaving here, told me she orders her teas online through them, and my two lovely French colleagues told me to emmediately go to their salon!
So today I did, and it was just overwhelming!! I made some serious purchases! Once I'd made up my mind and went to the counter, the friendly man behind it said: ok, all these, yes, why not!! Across the road was even a bigger shop, plus a museum! A museum of tea! Merde! Beautiful!

Here's what I saw:














8 kommenttia:

  1. Si what did you buy Honey-pie?? Hugs and kisses,Eevis

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. :D 4 different blends in beautiful jars, all black tea! 2xBolero, Pleine Lune and Elixir d'Amour, aaah!! I'd say my mornings are covered for a long time!! I told about you to the sweet man over there, he was very impressed! Thank you dearest for your advice, love ya!!
      Eeva

      Poista
    2. Hmm, sounds lovely!! I have to go to the Lafayette in Berlin in June to smell your choises,I haven't tried those. I have a pot of Chandernagor- Black chai with "epices imperials". Very nice "blind" online-purchase. :))
      Pus! -EM

      Poista
  2. Oo (kuten muinaisissa tyttökirjoissa sanottiin), yhä vain paranee, tee-sisareni! Kesäkuinen visiitti Kensingtonin palatsin Orangeryyn saattaa helpottaa tätä kateudeksi kutsuttavaa tunnetta...

    Nina

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hei Nina! Kiitos ihanista kommenteistasi matkapostauksissa! Tähän piti vielä lisätä, että enhän minä tiedä tuotakaan paikkaa! Pitää siis kirjoittaa ylös ja käydä tutkimassa, kiitos vinkistä, kuullostaa kuninkaalliselta! Ah ja voih, kyllä tee on ihana asia, ja jaettuna vielä ihanampi!
      :) Eeva

      Poista
  3. Hei,
    ja kiitos itsellesi kuvista, jotka ovat uskomattoman hienoja! Laitan muuten tähän linkin, jotta Orangery löytyy helpommin:

    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d807196-Reviews-The_Orangery-London_England.html

    En siis ole vielä käynyt siellä, mutta kuvien perusteella se on pakko kokea. Totta puhut, että tee on vielä ihanampaa jaettuna. Ja arvolleen sopivassa ympäristössä!

    Nina

    VastaaPoista
  4. Kiitos Nina! :)
    Ja kiitos linkistä, kävin tutkimassa ja todellakin, pitää ehdottomasti mennä käymään!! Jihuu! Aurinkoa!

    Eeva

    VastaaPoista