keskiviikko 19. joulukuuta 2012

Where do I begin?

I've just slept and slept today! Finally came outside a little, there so much snow, a lot more than a week and a half ago! I'm trying to think about Christmas but my mind is still in China. This was my 4th tour over there, and somehow it was the most challenging one. People got really sick, three colleagues were hospitalized, and it kind of got a little scary, especially when it came down to the food. You get paranoid about what to eat and where. But I managed to stay ok, even though I had a lot of sushi.. The rest of the days were so busy that we ended up ordering room service. Hotels were exellent, the Asians really put their minds to comfortable interiors and the service. I had two massages from the hotel spa, they came to my room so I didn't even have to move myself! This tour was special also because of the fact that we only visited two cities. That diminishes the travelling into minimum which makes it a lot less stressful! Our four last concerts were in the same venue so that gave us time to look around a little!
We payed several visits to different tailors. If you have time in your hands that's what you do over there! Over the years I have had all my work skirts made over there. It's incredibly cheap and the work is exellent and materials really good. One of my skirts is silk, other three taffeta. I find it the easiest material, you can wash it yourself and and it keeps the form really well. The men were ordering suits, tails and tuxedos for work and leisure time. I also had a coat made, and it came out real pretty! You'll get to see it here for sure!
It's so easy to lose your mind while shopping in China. The amount of stuff is overwhelming and the piracy production takes your breath away. In these little booths inside huge markets you can see all the latest bags from Gucci, Prada, LV, Chanel.. It's difficult to describe it really, but to think you'd buy an orange fake Birkin and then walk around Helsinki with it, is just so ridiculous! Who would you fool there but yourself! Surely you can't think it could pass as the real thing, knowing how there are waiting lists for bags like that. Not to mention the moral side of it. Not good.
But lots of nice things can be found too and we sure did!
Here are some pictures, an overall glimpse of where we were. I'll write about the concerts and the concert halls later, there are so many pictures I need to get organized! These photos are from the city of Dalian, streets and corners, people living their every day lives over there. See you later dear ones!





















Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti