maanantai 31. joulukuuta 2012

Memories & New Year

After my Sissi-marathon I started remembering my visits to Vienna. During our tours in Europe we've stopped over there several times, and played in the famous and prestigious golden hall, Musikverein, which no doubt are one of the highlights of the past years. I remember we stayed close to Schloss Schönbrunn which also happens to be one of the filming venues of these old movies! It's a breathtaking castle with a beautiful park, statues and fountains. The last time we were there was just before Christmas 2009, and there was this big Christmas Market in the courtyard. It's been so wonderful to see this place, as if I'd always been there because of the films!
Vienna is truly amazing also otherwise. You can sense the certain old European charm and wealth, it's been one of the most influential capitals over the centuries. Of course politically but also in science, arts and music. The buildings are beautiful, white and old, there are a lot of beautiful cafés with table service and white table cloths, you can see horses with carriages, not to even mention the old imperial centre. My romantic soul is just overwhelmed!
And as it so happens, we get to see the Vienna Philharmonic's New Year's Concert yet again on tv tomorrow, from that particular golden hall!
So once more, Happy New Year sweethearts! I'll start preparing escargots with an extra-super-mega-amount of garlic, that ought to scare my awful flu away!
See you next Year!













Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti