perjantai 25. tammikuuta 2013

A walk in Punavuori!

Today I walked my way to Punavuori. It was a nice, crispy weather, perfect to walk across the city, and be in your own thoughts! I went to see what was going on in Moko Market. Oh sweet Moko! They're renovating the place so yet another sale..! I managed to behave myself without going nuts over the beautiful things! Took some pictures though and continued to the Brooklyn Café where I had a date with my sweet friend! We had two pots of delicious mint tea and this time turned our eyes away from the muffins and bagels and cupcakes and...oh what a day of self discipline! But such a nice moment and chat with a person who's close to my heart!

But oh this wonderful café! It's tiny, really small, and so atmospheric! It was founded some two years ago by two sisters from Brooklyn, New York, and they really brought a piece of that Big Apple with them! Everything they serve is sooo good it's just close to being criminal! I remember once having something they called a Brownie Deluxe, and it sure was! Such a rich piece of muddy chocolate brownie with caramel sauce and ice cream, yikes! And the bagels! They bake those themselves, different types with sesame seeds, even blueberries, and different fillings. Go there and pamper yourselves! It's just the place for that! And a zillion miles away from those gross chain cafés which tend to pop up here and there nowadays. I'm positive the coffees are good too, the selection of teas sure are, so point your nose towards Viiskulma, that's where it it!

Now it's time to get busy in the kitchen, we're having visitors tonight and I'm going to bake korvapuusti! Bye for now!



















Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti