sunnuntai 20. tammikuuta 2013

Flea market!

Today I spent the whole day from nine o'clock in a flea market in Vanha Ylioppilastalo! I had my own table which I filled with stuff after I'd spent a descent amount of time doing some inventory around our closets and attic! This, I think, is the best and most fun way to get rid of unnecessary things, clothes, and shoes. It's so nice to see the joy in people's faces when they find something they like in something you don't need anymore!
I try to do this at least once a year, maybe twice, and like to put some thought to the whole thing. First of all you need some nice table cloths to make the table look nice. Even when you fill it with things it will show from underneath and make an emphasis. Secondly, this my sweet mother taught me, you can style some outfits you put on display, in today's case, the wall. Mix tops with scarves and jewellery, it makes them look even nicer! And finally, iron the clothes! This I did not do, and it bugged me a little bit, but I did get over it eventually! And last but not least, the clothes you sell must be clean!
I made some good selling, had stuff in at least four big bags and came back with one, woohoo! The thing is to keep the prizes low, you don't go there to make money, the main thing is to recycle, get rid of stuff you don't need anymore, and make space to your closet so you can fill it again..!
I also like to meet people, talk a little, and feel the spirit of flea markets, it's nice and makes you feel good!

Here's how it was, it's such a beautiful space! My Mother came to keep me company, we had a good time as always, there was time to catch up, chat and have lunch, thank you Mom! This flea market is relatively new and it was my first time as a seller there and I will go back for sure!











Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti