maanantai 11. helmikuuta 2013

Leena Luostarinen: The Tiger Drawer

So Yesterday myself and my Mother went to see the exhibition in Taidehalli! Again big paintings filled with colours, thick lines, amazing atmospheres! Leena Luostarinen is a Finnish painter, born in 1949, who's famous for her beautiful and strong paintings of tigers, sphinxes and flowers. She's been painting for 4 decades and this exhibition shows her works throughout her career. They are truly amazing, we saw colours and shades we'd never seen before, and the animals were just so breathtaking! The space, Taidehalli itself, is also so beautiful, we both really enjoyed what we saw.
It's fascinating to think one's creative past and present, where the power comes from, how we human beings really are just something in between the creative force and the actual deed which makes everything come out. I've never understood people who make such a big number of themselves. After all we're just servants in front of something greater and I think one should face that with this certain kind of humbleness and honour.
I loved the paintings, I think maybe I have to see them once more! It's open until 3.3., go feed your souls, my friends!











Afterwards we were feeling so good we thought the situation required a glass of champagne! We walked over to One Tiny Champagne Bar in the corner of Stockmann, oh how lovely..! Thank you my darling Mother, love you!






Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti